“Rubber Band Passing” is a very easy and funny exercise to stimulate the members of the group. It can be used as an ice breaker.
- To involve all the members in a group activity
- To create a happy atmosphere
- 15 minutes
- A piece rubber band per group
- One pen or pencil per person.
- A rubber band has to be passed from one person to another within a group.
- Ask the groups to form one line each.
- Ask the participants to hold a pen in their mouth. The first one will hold a rubber band with the pen in his/her mouth.
- When the signal is given, the first person in the line will pass the rubber band to his/her neighbor without taking assistance from their hands. The rubber band will be passed from one person to another only through mouth.
- The rubber band has to be passed from the first person to the last person and then will have to come back to the first person following the same procedure.
- The group which finishes first will be the winner.
Some guidelines for discussion
- Which group was last and why?
- Which group was first and why?
- Which lesson we have learnt from this exercise?