This is a very easy and funny exercise to stimulate the members of the group. It is very similar to the “rubber band passing” and can be used as an ice breaker.
- To involve all the members in a group activity
- To create a happy atmosphere
- 15 minutes
- A plastic or paper cup
- One pen or pencil per person.
- A plastic or paper cup has to be passed from one person to another within a group.
- Ask the groups to form one line each.
- Ask the participants to hold a pen in their mouth. The first one will carry a cup with the pen in his/her mouth.
- When the signal is given, the first person in the line will pass the cup to his/her neighbor without taking assistance from their hands. The cup will be passed from one person to another only through mouth.
- The cup has to be passed from the first person to the last person and then will have to come back to the first person following the same procedure.
- The group which finishes first will be the winner.
Some guidelines for discussion
- Which group was last and why?
- Which group was first and why?
- Which lesson we have learnt from this exercise?