This is a “Coin Throw” targeting exercise to encourage team spirit. To achieve the target of a team, all members have to contribute with their full ability. The success of a team depends on the cumulative performance of the members.
- To involve all the members in the group activities
- 20 minutes
- A piece of chalk-pencil
- A coin
- Draw on the floor with a chalk-pencil three circles with a common centre but different diameters.
- Mark the inner most circle with “+15”, the middle one with “-10”, the outer one with “+10” and mark the space outside of the circles with “-15”.
- Mark a starting point at about 4 feet from the periphery of the outer most circle.
- The participants are divided in 3 or 4 groups of equal size.
- Ask the participants to stand in line with their group and throw the coin one by one.
- Write down the score obtained by the individual participants under each group.
- After completing every body’s participation, count total score of each group and declare the best group which has got highest score.
- Now allow the groups to discuss the best strategy of throwing coins.
- Repeat the game, count scores and declare the group with the highest score.
Some guidelines for discussion
- Which group has got least score and why?
- Which group has got highest score and why?
- Did the groups improve after discussing a better strategy?
- Which lesson we have learnt from this exercise?