Yes. The amount of pesticide required to kill a person depends on a number of factors. The most important factors are: the toxicity and amount of the chemical, the size of the person and the type of exposure.
If an average size man (70 kg) was to accidentally drink a pesticide, these are the amounts that would probably cause him to die:
|Toxicity Class||Lethal Dose|
|Ia - Extremely Hazardous||a few drops
(less than 1 ml)
|Ib - Highly Hazardous||less than a teaspoon
(1 to 5 ml)
|II - Moderately Hazardous||between one and six teaspoons
(5 - 30 ml)
|III - Slightly Hazardous||between six teaspoons and 2 cups
(30 - 500 ml)
|IV - Unlikely to be Hazardous||more than 2 cups
(more than 500 ml
Children are more sensitive and would be killed by even smaller doses of the chemical.